Matric Rewrite 2022 Registration
Matric Rewrite 2022 Registration Registration Now Open For 2022 Senior Certificate examinations
Department of Basic Education (DBE) has announced that the registration for the 2022 Senior Certificate (SC) exams are now open. Registration period will be open until the end of January 2022. The examinations will be written between May and June 2022. Ways applicants can register for the SC exams. You can choose to either register online at https://www.eservices.gov.za/ or deliver your application to any provincial education office.
Senior certificate allows candidates to obtain University endorsement. As in the case of the NSC exam, they can also qualify for admission to Bachelor, Diploma or Higher Certificate programmes at Higher Education institutions.
Who Qualifies for the SC examinations?
Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to complete the NSC, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
Senior Certificate will be achieved by an adult candidate who satisfies the following requirements in these examinations:
- Pass three subjects at 40%, one of which must be an official language at Home Language level.
- Pass two subjects at 30%, one of which must be an official language at First Additional or Home Language level.
- Obtain a subminimum of 20% in the sixth subject.