Metro Police Learnerships 2023-2024
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
- Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
- You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
- Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
- If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
- Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
Department: Public Safety
Branch: Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department (JMPD)
Designation: Traffic Warden
Remuneration: R13 520,71 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
Location: 22 Village Road, Wemmer Complex/VARIOUS
- Grade 12 (NQF level 4);
- No experience required as successful candidates will be trained as Traffic Wardens;
- Affidavit that the applicant has no criminal record;
- A Valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage
To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law and order in terms of powers conferred upon a Peace Officer in terms of Government Notice R159 dated 02 February 1979 as amended, in particular the prevention of crimes in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 as well as other legislations (i.e. National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws).
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in the Prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of
Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Enforce and Execute the provisions set out in the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 to
ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Participate in community-related services to ensure public safety service delivery based on
the Batho Pele Principles.
- Assist in executing crime prevention functions to ensure public safety delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Act with Integrity.
- Knowledge of Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977.
- Knowledge of the City’s By-Laws.
- National Road Traffic Act.
- Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics.
- Impact and Influence.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender, and disability.”
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
Contact Person: Zandile Mgabhi
Tel No: 011 490 1706
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they
must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
- Credit Record,
- CV validation and
- Employment record verification,
- Criminal check, and
- Identity validation
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK: www.joburg.org.za