Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine Internships.
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine is recruiting for the 2023 Geology Graduate Internship Programme, and applications are invited.
- Located within the Limpopo and North West Provinces of South Africa with our Head Office based in the business hub of Rosebank in Johannesburg.
Historically disadvantaged South Africans will be given preference.
Siyanda Bakgatla Mine shall apply the affirmative action principals as set out in the Employment Equity Policy.
Purpose of Role
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine is offering graduate development for anyone interested in pursuing a career in Mining.
The programme offers a practical work-based training to enable graduates to adapt effectively in the world of work and to be employable at the end of their training.
Work of Role
- Basic mapping of stopes and development ends
- Learn to plot mapped data on correct scale and in 3D space
- Basic report writing
- Effectively communicate with other departments and work in a team
- Basics of diamond drilling, drilling programme establishment and management
- Core logging and sampling
- Basics of interpreting geological data
- Tertiary Education (BSc Hons in Engineering Geology, Geology)
- Chamber of Mines Strata Control Certificate – Advantageous
- Grade 12
PLEASE NOTE: Closing date: 12 April 2023
Preference will be given to applicants staying near or around Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine
Documents to be Submitted
- Completed application form
- Certified South African Identity Document (SA Citizen)
- Certified – Proof of residence
- Certified – Completed qualification / transcripts
A market related salary will be paid.