To qualify for the Traffic Trainee 2024/2025 learnership program, candidates must meet the following basic requirements:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must hold a Grade 12 National Senior Certificate.
- Driver’s License: A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for all candidates.
- SAPS Clearance: Candidates must provide SAPS clearance results with no criminal activities or record.
Under the Traffic Trainees 2024 learnership program, successful applicants will receive hands-on training and the chance to gain experience learning about traffic management and law enforcement. Trainees will have the chance to assist seasoned traffic officers in maintaining traffic flow and ensuring road safety.
LEARNERSHIP: TRAFFIC TRAINEES X36
South Africans who are in possession of the Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate.
Medical Examination proof.
Applicants must permanently reside within the jurisdiction of Matjhabeng Local Municipality.
• Be required to pass a written assessment and an interview.
• Be required to pass a physical assessment.
• Be required to submit their SAPS Clearance results. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable.
• Be required to maintain levels of fitness and undergo ongoing fitness assessments.
• Candidates will be subject to the code of Conduct of the Matjhabeng Traffic Traning, as well as the pass requirements stipulated by the Academy and in line with relevant unit standards.
Special conditions attached to the post:
The Municipality is not obligated to offer a permanent position after completion of the training; candidates will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the Academy and training in accordance with the Firearm and Ammunitions Act. Successful candidates will be required to wear a uniform, work shifts and in all weather conditions. Only candidates residing in Matjhabeng will be accommodated. Proof of residential address and verification of residence will be conducted before any appointment.
Closing Date : 09 February 2024
Enquiries regarding the above positions can be forwarded to Mr N Mtirara @ (057) 391 3119
• Candidates are requested to forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, including the necessary documentation (i.e. original certified copies of qualifications) to
The Senior Manager Human Resources,
P.O Box 708
or may hand it to the
Municipal Main Building,
• Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify any applicant.
• A candidate who canvasses any Councillor and / or Senior Official for preference will be disqualified immediately from the selection process or from appointment.
• Matjhabeng Municipality complies with affirmative action in terms of the Employment Equity Act (Act 55 of 1998)
Please note: If applicants are not contacted for an interview within six weeks after the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful. The Matjhabeng Municipality reserves the right not to fill any advertised position(s)
You may download the form at