ArcelorMittal Artisan Apprenticeships And Engineering Learnerships 2024
(NEW) Artisan Apprenticeships 2024
About the company
ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited is the biggest steel maker in Africa, with the ability to make 5 million tonnes of liquid steel every year. It is part of the global ArcelorMittal group, which has factories in 27 countries. There are hundreds of grades and standards for both flat and long steel. Steel is still very important to the future of our world. It is one of the few things that can be used again and again and recycled, so it will be very important in creating the circular economy of the future. Steel will keep changing and getting better and more environmentally friendly. We want to help make the world a better place by making smarter steels.
The Apprenticeship Programme offers candidates a valuable opportunity to engage in classroom and on-the-job training, equipping them with the knowledge and expertise needed for their chosen trade. Successful completion of the trade test leads to the acquisition of a trade certificate. The Apprenticeship Program covers various costs, including training-related expenses, provision of Personal Protective Equipment, payment for Institutional Training, on-site Personal Insurance, and a monthly stipend. Opportunities are available at both our Vanderbijlpark and Vereeniging Operations.
Please note that permanent employment after completing the trade test is not guaranteed.
Available trade options include:
2.Fitter and Turner
Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates who join the Apprenticeship Programme are expected to:
- – Commit to and successfully complete the apprenticeship as required
- – Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- – Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and legislation
- – Achieve technical competencies related to their chosen trade
- – Comply with the terms of the contractual training agreement
To be eligible for the program, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- -Possess a minimum of a Grade 12 Qualification with proficiency in English, Mathematics, and Science
- -Knowledge in applicable trade theory, with additional trade-related technical knowledge considered advantageous
- -Exhibit the ability to work effectively in a team while also being capable of independent work
- -Demonstrate strong drive and self-motivation
- -Display agility in thinking and possess excellent problem-solving skills
- -Show meticulous attention to detail and an aptitude for engineering.
How to Apply
All applications need to happen via the company website. No other form of application will be accepted.